Sunday, February 11, 2007

grits

Toni Cardoni,

It's never fashionable to sleep a Saturday evening away. You wake up at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. and discover sad and sobering truisms. I would not recommend this, primarily because Sundays are far more disturbing when you are not hungover. The ritual day of healing becomes a grizzly day of moping.

Aside from that, I assume you would be glad to hear about Mr. Obama. What an amazing character, eh? This cat makes my spine tingle. When he spoke at my alma mater and I proudly wore his Senate campaign button on my mortar board, I knew that this guy had soul power. And really, that's all we need in a president. Policy experience? Two years in the Senate freed the slaves. (Aware that I am employing a poor and renascent cliche when comparing Obama to Lincoln). Nonetheless, soul is all it is. That's all we really need. Some good old "I was the man. I suffer'd. I was there."

And I think John McLaughlin agrees.

Warmest Regards,
seanmike

No comments: